Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Makeup Bag Monday; Mandi WEDDING EDITION!



I met with Mandi the other night to give her a lesson on how to do her own wedding makeup. (She is getting married in Alabama and is having trouble finding a makeup artist) She is a dear friend of one of my favorite brides from last year, Kelly. So the diagnosis is a bit different in that I am recommending items she specifically needs for her wedding, not just everday life.

Like our Makeup Bag Monday subject last week, Mandi owns a lot of Prescriptives, a great line that is unfortunately discontinued. Mandi has a ton of wonderful products,but she sheepishly admitted that she uses very little of it. Most of her loose shadows were still sealed! The brushes are good quality. She has a lot of Bare Escentuals; fine for everyday (I am not really a fan of "mineral" foundation in general, but that is another post entirely) but I recommended a liquid foundation for her wedding; it photographs better and provides more flawless coverage. She should definitely wear a primer under the foundation as well; wedding makeup is ALL about durability!

I steered her towards a different undereye concealer; hers is way too yellow for her grey-blue discoloration under her eye; she needs a more salmony-orange color.

She still has her "magic" powder in Prescriptives to set the foundation.

Here is the plan for the eyes.(Mandi's sari will have shades of deep pink/burgundy)

I really like to start out with a creme base for bridal makeup(for longevity) and also when I want to build intensity of color. I chose Benefit's creaseless creme shadow in Stiletto (it is shown below in another shade; I tried without success to find an image of the aubergine shade on the interwebs) This is all over the lid. I used Laura Mercier rose on the browbone, and used Smashbox jetset to line top, bottom, and inside the waterline. In the crease/outer corner, I used one of Mandi's Bare Escentuals-a very deep coppery brown (whose name eludes me)

Mandi will have Kelly apply her individual lashes; I always recommend black adhesive.

Mandi has a lot of beautiful lip colors in her collection; I chose a sparkly burgundy one of hers that was nearly gone, so I selected a new one to replace it.

Of course Mandi should seal the look with Model in a Bottle!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar